Every industry needs to measure demand and supply, competitiveness, innovation, sustainability, because measuring is information, key for successful decision making.
Thanks to measuring in tourism, we can gain knowledge of, among others:
- size and characteristics of supply and demand;
- reputation of destination, museums, hotels, parks, and brand awareness;
- visitor behaviour within and beyond the destination per type of visitor;
- existing barriers for visitors to explore beyond the key hotspots;
- size of tourism apartment supply and price comparison with hotels;
- tourism carrying capacity for destinations;
- relationship of residents (host community) and visitors;
- assessing ICT implementation levels.